The Murder of Crows
The Crew of "The Ghost"
A void-ship is a mighty fortress, its Captain upon the command throne the feudal lord who accepts pledges of allegiance and fealty from his advisors, the commoner crew, and their elected spokesmen. The Lord-Captain is the ultimate decision-maker on matters of strategy, void-law, and negotiation, responsible for the lives and souls of all who pledge to his banner. The fate of thousands hangs upon his decisions, though a wise Lord-Captain takes council with his advisors and bridge crew, and listens well to their wisdom before giving his orders.
- Command: To impose the Lord-Captain’s will upon ship manoeuvres, lead boarding actions, or shame and break mutinous crew.
- Charm: To restore flagging moral during long voyages far from Imperial stars.
- Intimidate: It is sometimes necessary to compel the loyalty of recalcitrant servants.
- Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis): The Lord-Captain must lead decisively in matters of strategy and tactics.
Benefits of Role
The Lord-Captain gains a +10 bonus to the Hold Fast! Extended Action (see ROGUE TRADER page 218). If he possesses the Exceptional Leader ability (the class ability for Rogue Traders, see ROGUE TRADER page 72) he may grant it to anyone aboard his ship once per Strategic Round as a Free Action, ignoring the normal restrictions on who can benefit from this ability.
In the eyes of the Cult Mechanicus, an Imperial void-ship is a living shrine, rife with Tech-Adepts and servitors, its machine sections constantly rebuilt, repaired, and encrusted with shrines and prayer-works. Constant labour is necessary to sustain the vessel’s great machine spirit and so please the Omnissiah—and moreover, it is vital preparation to stand against the disorder of battle damage and the great efforts needed to repair such violations of a holy place. The Enginseer Prime directs this holy toil, and his solemn pledge to the Lord-Captain holds him responsible for maintenance of the void-ship’s strength, resilience, and tech-secrets.
- Tech-Use: For emergency and long-term repairs, or exhorting machine spirits to greater efforts during void-battle.
- Chem-Use: Strange reagents are required throughout a voidship’s systems, and knowledge of these chemicals is vital.
- Common Lore (Machine Cult), Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus): Servants of the Machine God must be salved and made calm by one who knows their ways, just like the machine spirits they serve.
The Enginseer Prime gains a +10 bonus to the Emergency Repairs Extended Action (see ROGUE TRADER page 216).
Subordinates of repute
-Astropath Transcendant Torquemada Deliberato